Places available in our wonderful Robin Hall nursery. Apply now or come for a visit. Call 0208 804 4126

Special educational needs

Welcome to our special educational needs information pages.

If your child has a learning disability, their special educational needs (SEN) can be met either in a mainstream school with extra support, or in a special school.

If your child has special educational needs, they will be able to access help, called SEN support, from nurseries or childminders, schools, or further education institutions, such as colleges and 16-19 academies.

Children and young people with more complex needs might instead need an education, health and care (EHC) plan.

You can find out how to get local support through your local authority website and search for "local offer".

"We endeavour to help every child make as much progress as possible and develop their full potential irrespective of their level of need and the barriers to learning they might encounter".

Getting SEN support

You may be contacted if  the school think your child needs SEN support.

In our school, for example, this will be by our Learning Support Team. We are part of a Trust  and have team of four qualified Learning Support officers.

You can also approach us if you think your child might have SEN.

Communicate with your child's teachers

Getting involved with your child's school will help them get the support they need. Let the school know what's going on at home.

Explain your priorities for your child and how he or she is doing at home, so that the school can build on this.

Your views and involvement will be needed throughout the process, and you will be kept up to date with the progress made. 

We use cookies to help this site function better - to read more about cookies please visit our cookie policy     Click here